Pension FAQs

If the 1st is on a weekend or holiday, when can I expect my direct deposit?

If the 1st is on a weekend or holiday, your Pension benefit will be deposited on the next business day.

When should I file my pension application?

You should file your pension application at least three (3) months prior to your effective date.

When am I eligible to receive my Vested Pension?

If you have under twenty (20) credits and qualify for a Vested Pension, you are eligible to start receiving your benefit the month following your 65th birthday.

How do I inquire about my UPS Part-time pension?

Local 710 Pension Fund only manages your full-time pension; therefore, if you have questions regarding your UPS Part-time benefits, please call (800) 643-4442.

How do I inquire about my UPS Pensioners Insurance?

With regards to your UPS Pensioners Insurance, please contact TeamCare at (800) 323-2152 .

Health and Welfare FAQs

I am a new employee, when will I be eligible for benefits?

You will be eligible for benefits on the Sunday after your employer pays 8 consecutive weeks of contributions.

How often do I need to complete an Enrollment Form?

Every year a new Family Enrollment Form needs to be completed.

How do I change my address?

There is a change of address form here. A member may also call the fund office and request that a change of address form be mailed to the address the funds have on file. Please note, change of address will not be accepted over the phone.

I am thinking of retiring. What is the cost of retiree health coverage after I retire?

Your Retiree Health Plan cost $833 for one person or $1,666 for two or more people.

What is my deductible and out of pocket expenses?

Active Members Retirees
  • $300 per person
  • $900 per family
  • $250 per person
Out of Pocket  

  • $2000 per person/$6000 per family PPO
  • $6000 per person NON PPO


  • $2000 per person/$6000 per family PPO
  • $6000 per person NON PPO

I have a change in family status due to marriage, divorce, having a baby, adopting a baby, what do I need to do?

  • We will need a certified copy of your marriage certificate and birth certificate.
  • We will need a copy of your divorce papers, but only needed information, (please contact the Fund office).
  • We will need a certified copy of the birth certificate and copy of the adoption papers.

Miscellaneous FAQs

I have been terminated. When will my coverage end? Do I have a 30-day grace period?

Coverage ends as of the Saturday of the last week you work.  No grace periods.

I retired/was terminated. When will I receive my COBRA letter?

Cobra letters are mailed out the last week of each month, your letter will be sent after your final payment from your employer is received.

Why does my employer always pay late?

They do not pay late. They are required to pay between the 10th and 20th of the month following completed work.

How do I pay my COBRA; can I pay with a credit card or have it deducted from my pension?

Send a check or money order made out to Local 710 Health & Welfare Fund to the address on the application/remittance form. Credit cards cannot be accepted and COBRA cannot be deducted from your Pension check.